Tuesday 14 July 2009

Nationwidehire4u.com .... Fucking rip off

I wouldn't normally hire from an online company like nationwidehire4u.com. but after phoning and emailing round I was getting desparate to find a minibus to hire... they were, quire literally, my last resort.

Oh how I wish I hadn't bothered. Within an hour or so of making the booking, I had an email confirmation stating that there would be two charges made to my bank account... One from them for 107.99 and one from Southmids Hire... So, nationwidehire4u are not a hire company. they call themselves a broker, but in reality they are simply taking bookings then finding a hire company to book a vehicle on your behalf. But, unlike a professional company, they are passing on your credit card details to a third party... I'm beginning to wonder who else they are passing my details on to.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I had not had a confirmation of my booking from Southmids hire, so i contacted them. They informed me that they had been contacted by nationwidehire4u, but that they had told them that they did not have a vehicle for hire.

So here I am on Tuesday without a minibus for friday... Obviously anyone who might have a bus for hire has now hired to somebody. I have 12 people to get down to London on friday and because of this pathetic excuse of hire company, I have no way of doing it.

In case I haven't made myself clear, nationwidehire4u is a scam and a rip-off, do not use them. They will take your money knowing full well that they do not have a vehicle to hire to you.

I am awaiting a full refund... I'll also be in touch with Trading Standards... I'll keep you posted.

UPDATE: I have received a partial refund a few days after the bus was cancelled. After a further email, they have finally refunded the full amount.. At least they had the decency to give a full refund without too much persuasion... Still won't be using them again tho'

No comments:

Post a Comment